• LinkedIn App Icon

Bruno Lombardi was born professionally in RAI Italian Television ( Milan office ) in 1975 , where, after a competitive examination , he joined the technical staff.

The graduation in electronics allows him access to specialized courses organized by the technical and operational headquarters in Milan. Specializing in broadcast video recording and in RVM edit , film recorder and telecine mature high technical and operational experience on video systems .

His great passion for photography and knowledge of the Telecine hardware ( then the most technologically advanced was the MKII jump Rank Cintel flying spot scanning with scan , the first with a capstan drive ) address the ever more closely to the operation of these machines, so as to become one of the leading experts on these systems.

Then RAI had supplied other machines less sophisticated but still functional such as  fast pull down the Fernsehen ( Bosch Group ), the Thomson and historians telecine black and white ( valve telecine ).

Bruno occasion , given the distinct experience of collaborating with directors and cinematographers to international fame in the electronic processing of 35mm and 16mm photography like Sergio Leone, Tarsem Singh, Dante Spinotti, VIttorio Storaro, Tony Scott, Zack Snyder, Franco Zeffirelli, Michelangelo Antonioni, Daniel Mindel, Tonino Delli Colli and many other great of film and television.

 

It's good to know that electronic processing of light and color ( telecine ) was exclusively on film with low contrast positive (print).

 

In 1980 , with the advent of privatization of television stations he goes away from RAI and leaves along with two colleagues , Anthony Saputo and Nino Artuso, they founded Videozoom Italy in Milan. now part of the multinational American " Bell & Howell ". The Videozoom ranks now among the most prestigious Italian post production and

Bruno Lombardi working as head coach of the structure and telecine operator to carry out on the Rank Cintel telecine different MKIII Jump scan for hardware changes. One of the most important innovations is to be read in reverse telecine at 25 fps with frame perfectly hooked.

To appreciate the extraordinary novelty enough to think that ,

at the time , no telecine jump scan allowed such a transaction , much less would permit the first recording by an inch.

After a period of experimentation, in 1982, Lombardi is the first in Italy to offer the transcript of the film 35 or 16 mm from Telecine directly from the negative (development only) then without making the printing process (positive) by the laboratories. This innovation , even if painful , gradually revolutionizes the sector and within a few years , leads to the assertion of a new system of reading the film telecine. Since 1986/87 , in fact , the workshops are limited , as regards the preparatory phase of 35 and 16mm film for Telecine , to carry out the development only , reserving the printing stage to film circuit . All this leads to a significant reduction in costs for the production of commercials, video clips , documentaries and television drama.

 

1986 - Bruno Lombardi resigns Videozoom Italy and founded , together with the BRW & Partners , the Zeus Picture.

For the BRW , Zeus will represent in terms of work performed in Milan about 40% per year while the remaining 60% to be allocated to telecine processing on behalf of other production houses , a fact that Bruno Lombardi allow the continuation and consolidation of a relationship at 360 ° accrued in previous years, with major Italian production .The Zeus will operate in the market field of advertising , films, documentaries and video clips with remarkable success until 1994.

 

1994 - Birth of the Olimpus which Bruno Lombardi is the owner and sole director. In this chapter, Bruno Lombardi takes the opportunity and thank all production houses the many directors , cinematographers italians and foreigners who have believed in all these years and continue to appreciate our professionalism , willingness and creativity at your service.

 

2005 - Olympus has expanded its facility by setting up a new room Editing On Line consists of Flint + Smoke on linux.

 

2008 - Olympus has revamped its structure by setting up a new suite for working in HD and 4K material 2 "data" for those who require it , that can go to work directly with not only the material in the main digital formats ( DPX , TIFF , TGA , etc), but also shot in ALEXA , Phantom , Canon D5 D7 , RED ROOM .

 

© 2012 by FaCES. All rights reserved